Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I think this easy breakfast or snack sounds yummy and healthful. Plan for just a half-hour refrigeration time. From The UCSD Healthy Diet for Diabetes and submitted for Zaar World Tour II.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated apple
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated pear
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Stir together oatmeal, oat bran, and yogurt; cover and refrigerate mixture for thirty minutes.
- Add apple, pear, almonds, raisins, honey, and spices to oatmeal mixture; mix well and serve.
Great, simple, healthy breakfast. I only had sweetened vanilla yogurt, so I just put a little drizzle of honey on top of each serving. I loved the zing from the nutmeg.This was a really nice satisfying breakfast. Not too heavy, not too light or sweet. Thanks for sharing the keeper recipe!
Very good! DH and I liked it and we both had seconds. I used the usual size grater.
Healthy and yummy! I omitted the oat bran as I didn't have any. I used a Balkan (thick) yogurt, Fuji apple, anjou pear, sliced blanched almonds, dark raisins, local honey, the cinnamon and rather than nutmeg, less allspice as we don't consume intoxicants. I would make this again.