Recipe by lazyme
This is from a restaurant in the Seattle area. It's very quick to make, and I cheat by using a bottled alfredo sauce. Serve with pasta on the side.
Top Review by Catnip46
This is definitely restaurant quality. A 5 plus star for sure. I used chicken strips, plain bread crumbs instead of Italian breadcrumbs. I made a plain simple white sauce in the same pan I browned my chicken in making sure to scrape in all the brown chicken crumbs that I could. Oh yeah I used plenty of butter in my sauce. I served this on a bed of spaghetti, topped with the chicken, sauce and then freshly shredded Parmesan cheese. This was sinfully good.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups white sauce, I use alfredo sauce
- 3 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic. Dip in beaten eggs and dredge in Italian Bread crumbs. Lightly brown in butter (clarified butter is really the best for this).
- Remove from pan and place in a 350ºF oven with 2 slices of Mozzarella cheese on each breast. Leave in oven until cheese is lightly browned. Add cream sauce to remainder left in frying pan.
- When cream sauce is hot, place a ladle of the sauce onto the plate, and then place one chicken breast on top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.