2 hrs 30 mins
The cranberry sauce: Tart, sweet, and savory all combine in this recipe that brings new depth to an old classic. Given to me by a friend, who said it came from BHG. This is good warm, room temperature, or cold, making it easy to add in to a holiday dinner. One recipe makes enough to stuff sweet potatoes and serve extra. The potatoes: Filled with layers of flavor and textures, these sweet potatoes are wonderful! You can stuff them the day before a big dinner so all you have to do the day of is to warm them. The second baking is easier if you've chosen potatoes with a somewhat flat side so they don't roll.
My Private Note
Sweet P ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 cup pomegranate juice or 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium persimmons or 1 medium apple, in 1/4-inch cubes
- 1Cranberry sauce:.
- 2Saute garlic and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- 3Add cranberries, juice, sugar, and ginger. Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- 4Simmer uncovered 16-17 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until just thickening.
- 5Remove from heat and add apple cubes. Allow to sit a bit before serving so apples will not be too crunchy.
- 7Preheat oven to 325.
- 8Scrub potatoes and pierce or prick in several places.
- 9Bake until soft, about an hour.
- 10Cut each potato in half so that any flattened sides will remain for stabilizing.
- 11Scoop out the insides of the potatoes, leaving 1/4" inside each shell.
- 12Mash potatoes and mix in everything else, reserving some nuts to sprinkle on top.
- 13Bake at 300 or 325 for 25-30 minutes or until warmed through.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Think Twice - Special Cranberry Sauce & Twice Baked Sweet P
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 225.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 35.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g