Recipe by evelyn/athens
A Scandinavian-inspired dressing/sauce for your favourite piece of plainly-cooked or grilled fish - lovely dolloped over salmon or a white fish fillet! Or try it as a dip for chips. If you're watching your weight, 'light' products will reduce the calorie count, but the flavour will still be awesome!
Top Review by threeovens
I loved the color of this sauce. It would be wonderful for a special little girl's birthday party, or a Valentine's Day meal. It tastes similar to ordinary tartar sauce, but much fresher and better. Made for ZWT #6.
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml Greek yogurt or 118.29 ml sour cream
- 1 small beetroot, grated coarse (I buy precooked, vacuum-packed, or canned)
- 59.14 ml gherkins or 59.14 ml cornichon, very finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced
- 14.79 ml prepared horseradish
- 14.79 ml fresh dill, very finely minced
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the sugar in the red wine vinegar. Combine all the ingredients together, mixing gently to incorporate and spread the colour of the beetroot throughout the dressing. Taste and season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Observe the banner of the RedHot Renegades. Observe the colour of this lovely dressing/sauce. See? ;-).
- Refrigerate in a covered container for atleast two hours before serving to allow flavours to meld and develop.
- Note 1: I have since stirred in some of those tiny pre-cooked shrimp into this dressing and served over crispbread with a sprig of dill for a smorgasbord-inspired treat.
- Note 2: Also works great as a dressing for potato salad.