Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These cupcakes are pink and full of flavor.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml flour
- 2 eggs
- 51.76 ml maraschino cherry juice
- 11.09 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter
- 354.88 ml powdered sugar
- red food coloring
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips (optional)
- 10 maraschino cherries (optional)
- Combine all the cupcake ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. If you want them to be more pink, add a bit of red food coloring.
- Fill lined cupcake tin 2/3 of the way full. Bake cupcakes at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Combine Frosting ingredients and beat until smooth.
- When cupcakes are cooled, topped with frosting. Top them off with a maraschino cherry.
Decided to bake a cake instead, I also agree about not enough liquid,I used all the juice in the jar.I'm also tagging this recipe for the "Think Pink Event".
I agree about not having enough liquid. I increased the cherry juice to 8 Tbsp, but I still think there needs to be more cherry flavor. Next time I will add chopped maraschino cherries to the batter. For the frosting, I added 1 tsp cherry juice.
I tagged this recipe for the Beverage Tag game. The batter and frosting were a little on the thick side so I had to add a little liquid to both. The cupcakes weren't very sweet but the frosting added the sweet. The cupcakes were moist. I only used a 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips in the frosting I made these for my two pink loving granddaughters. Thanks Moonpoodle for such a cute cupcake. Bullwinkle