- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- red food coloring
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 10 maraschino cherries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the cupcake ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. If you want them to be more pink, add a bit of red food coloring.
- Fill lined cupcake tin 2/3 of the way full. Bake cupcakes at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Combine Frosting ingredients and beat until smooth.
- When cupcakes are cooled, topped with frosting. Top them off with a maraschino cherry.