Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Food & Wine. February 2007.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb green string beans or 3⁄4 lb yellow wax bean, sliced diagonally 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Add the beans and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the water; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook the beans until crisp-tender, 2 minutes.
- Add the zest and chives and cook, stirring, until the beans are tender, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Stir in the lemon juice and serve.