1/3 Photos of Thin Pizza Crust
2 hrs 32 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
From "A Taste of Italy" Cookbook. This is my all time favorite pizza dough. It can be used as either thin which is our favorite or for a thicker crust. I have even used it to make grilled pizzas when it was too hot to turn on the oven. Hope you try it. It is a little time consuming but it is so worth it. I can make 2,12 inch pizzas 1, 17 inch pizza, or 8, 5 inch pizzas from this recipe.
My Private Note
pizz cr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let proof for 5 minutes or until foamy. Can use rapid rise yeast.
- 3Stir in salt, oil, and 2 cups of flour. Mix well.
- 4Add 1 1/2 cups flour: stir until a sticky ball forms.
- 5Knead 5 minuted on flour surface until smooth and elastic. Coat with cooking spray, place in a bowl and cover.
- 6Let rise 30 minutes for thicker dough, and 2 hours for thinner dough.
- 7After rising time punch down. Thinner crust divide in half. If thicker crust use all of dough. let rest 10 minutes.
- 8Dust pizza pan with cornmeal. Flatten dough on pan; gently pulling and stretching to fit pan, if it resists let dough rest another 5 minutes.
- 9Brush with oil. Take a fork and pierce dough several times to keep dough from forming air pockets. Bake for 7 minutes.
- 10Take dough out and put you favorite topping on and then continue baking for another 7 to 10 minutes.
- 11If you want to make grilled pizza I usually make small individual pizzas that way everyone can add their own topping from an array of ingredients. Place flattened dough on grill for about 5 minutes flip and add all ingredients for pizza. cook until cheese is melted and bottom of crust is crispy.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thin Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1015.4
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1756.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 174.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 24.5 g