1 hr 30 mins
Nanny Neel's Note:
This is a family recipe, if you like chocolate you will love this cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 duncan hines butter recipe cake mix
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1Cake: mix all ingredients together with mixer.
- 2Grease and Flour 8 inch cake pans.
- 3Pour about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of batter in each pan (depending on how thick you want the cake layers) then spread out the batter evenly in the pans.
- 4Bake at 300 for about 15 to 20 minutes until done.
- 5Icing: Mix sugar and cocoa in large pot.
- 6Add milk, butter and vanilla.
- 7Cook over medium heat until boiling, stir constantly.
- 8Lower heat and continue to stir.
- 9As layers come out of the oven spread icing on them, stacking the layers and finish off by putting icing on side and top.
- 10The icing will set like fudge as the cake cools.
- 11This will make a 10 to 15 layer cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thin Layer Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.0
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 138.2 mg
- Sodium 591.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 73.8 g
- Protein 7.7 g