Recipe by luvmybge
Thin crust lovers you are in for a treat. For exceptional pizza, go to your local Home Depot or Lowes store and buy unglazed quarry tiles. They are very inexpensive. Position your oven rack as low as it will go in your oven. Line oven rack with unglazed quarry tiles (I use about 6 in my oven). Preheat oven at 500 for about 1/2 hour.
Top Review by anneefreez
Made this and it was a big hit, even though it was a little bland. Next time I will add Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese to the dough. I made 4 small individual pizzas and had just enough to make one med pizza. Will for sure use this again. I made it kind of thin since we are fans of thin crust. I took the pizzas out of the fridge about 45 minutes before we cooked and the dough raised a bit but was still good.
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour (You might need an additional 2TB of flour if dough is too sticky)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- cornmeal, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients to your bread machine according to manufacturer directions.
- Set for dough or pizza dough.
- My Breadman Ultimate has 2 dough settings one for dough and one for pizza dough.
- Add additional flour if needed while machine is mixing if dough seems too sticky.
- When machine signals that dough is done, remove from machine to lightly floured board or counter top.
- Sprinkle pizza pan with a little cornmeal.
- Stretch dough into circle or roll into circle to fit your pizza pan and put in the pizza pan that you've sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Top pizza with desired toppings.
- (pizza sauce, pepperoni,shredded mozzerella cheese, mushrooms, onions, green pepper, sausage).
- Use you imagination.
- Put pan of pizza in preheated oven on top of quarry tiles.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Then grab pan and carefully shake pizza off of pizza pan onto hot quarry tiles.
- This will help to crisp up the bottom crust.
- Bake for additional 5-7 minutes or until pizza is done.
- Carefully slide pizza back onto pizza pan for easy removal from oven.
- Slice into pie wedges and enjoy!