Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
From "Robbie's Recipe Collection" (recipes.robbiehaf.com); Tasted alot like those "mall" style thin crust NY style pizzas I like so much! I accidentally used 1/4 T sugar and it still was fine so I guess it is a forgiving recipe. It is nice & crispy, not soft & soggy like other crusts I've tried.
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water, heated to 110 degrees
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pizza sauce, of your choice, as needed
- shredded cheese, and toppings of your choice as needed
- -Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; allow to rest for 8 minutes.
- -In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
- -Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.
- -Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- -Working from the edges to the center, press dough into a 12" circle.
- -Place dough on a lightly greased pizza pan and stretch dough to edges.
- -Spread sauce over crust and top with cheese and desired toppings.
- -Bake in a 500 degree oven for 8-12 minutes, or until edges are golden.
This is one of the best and easiest crusts I have made . I did pre cook it at 375 for 5 min prior to adding the toppings. It was very cripsy and delicious.
This one turned out perfect - nice and crispy - just the way we like it!
this one was PERFECT! I replaced 1c of AP flour with WWflour and it was so good