1/1 Photo of Thin-Crust Pizza
1 hr 20 mins
This is adapted from Robbie's Recipes on the Internet with few changes. This pizza recipe is amazing!!! The crust is thin, springy and loadable with your favourite toppings. You can add more olive oil if you like it crispier.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 ounces active dry yeast (the Fleischman's Traditional Dry Yeast seems to be better than the Fast Rising type)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup boiling water (you can infuse water with herbs)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pizza sauce, of your choice, as needed
- shredded cheese, of your choice, as needed
- 1Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; allow to rest for 8 minutes.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
- 3Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.
- 4Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- 5Working from the edges to the center, press dough into a 12" circle.
- 6Place dough on a lightly greased pizza pan and stretch dough to edges.
- 7brush some olive oil over the dough.
- 8Spread tomato paste over crust and top with mozarella cheese or cheese mix (romano, parmesan, mozarella).
- 9Suggested toppings: marinated artichokes, red and green peppers, chili peppers, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, FRESH BASIL, ham, pineapple, Italian sausage.
- 10On the top I put parmesan, feta, and crumbled goat's cheese, whole leafs of spinach, and a sprinkling of crumbled dried red peppers.
- 11Bake in a 500 degree oven for 8-12 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- 12This may be frozen before cooking for the future. and given to a special person as a gift.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thin-Crust Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.8
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 297.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 9.2 g