Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is adapted from Robbie's Recipes on the Internet with few changes. This pizza recipe is amazing!!! The crust is thin, springy and loadable with your favourite toppings. You can add more olive oil if you like it crispier.
- 1 1⁄4 ounces active dry yeast (the Fleischman's Traditional Dry Yeast seems to be better than the Fast Rising type)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup warm water
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water (you can infuse water with herbs)
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pizza sauce, of your choice, as needed
- shredded cheese, of your choice, as needed
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; allow to rest for 8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- Working from the edges to the center, press dough into a 12" circle.
- Place dough on a lightly greased pizza pan and stretch dough to edges.
- brush some olive oil over the dough.
- Spread tomato paste over crust and top with mozarella cheese or cheese mix (romano, parmesan, mozarella).
- Suggested toppings: marinated artichokes, red and green peppers, chili peppers, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, FRESH BASIL, ham, pineapple, Italian sausage.
- On the top I put parmesan, feta, and crumbled goat's cheese, whole leafs of spinach, and a sprinkling of crumbled dried red peppers.
- Bake in a 500 degree oven for 8-12 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- This may be frozen before cooking for the future. and given to a special person as a gift.
We doubled this recipe and made 2 12" pizza's. After greasing the pizza pan we sprinkled a little cornmeal. We used 2-1/4 tsp. of yeast. We baked ours on the bottom oven rack for 11 minutes. Came out perfect. Thanks so much for posting!
Since we started using this mix our home-made pizzas are legendary, our teenage kids now bake them on a weekly basis :-) We get good results even if we skip step 1 and tip a half-sachet of easy-bake dried yeast straight into the flour. Also we let the dough rise for 30-40 mins after kneading, that way it easily stretches to two 12-inch pizzas. Thanks for the great recipe!
simple and easy - the way pizza dough was meant to be. This is a good bread mix too. I use this in the dough mode for the bread machine and look at the dough to add a little bit of water to the mix to correct for the machine. The dough should be touchable with out stick and the original makes a dough that is a bit thick. I double the mix and it perfect for bread or pizza. well done spicebunny u are my fav food.com girl now. Thanks _ Nick Smith