Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Peanut brittle move over! You have competition! This is an amazing, crispy, chewy, sweet cookie cracker wafer. You must try it! It is really a nice treat! 8)
Top Review by WaterMelon
very tasty recipe and easy too, since i used already chopped peanuts. i reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup (just personal pref). you have to leave lots of room for spreading and these babies do spread and rise. the results are pretty cakey though, like a cookie instead of crispy wafers i thought they'd turn out. anyhow, it's a fabulous recipe. thanks!
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- additional peanuts, as topping (optional)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sifted unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust oven rack to center of oven (these will bake 1 sheet at a time).
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- If you have cookie sheets with only one raised rim (best for recipe) or use any cookie sheet turned upside down.
- Line sheets with foil, shiny side up. (Don't use heavyweight, or cookies won't bake well) set aside.
- Pour 1 cup of peanuts in bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal chopping blade.
- Add a few tablespoons of the sugar and briefly pulse machine 10 times to chop nuts into coarse pieces.
- Some will be powdery, some coarse, and some whole, it is okay, set aside.
- Melt butter in a small pan over moderate heat; set aside for now.
- Combine sifted flour and baking soda; set aside.
- Place egg, milk, melted butter, and remaining sugar in small bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat until mixed; add sifted dry ingredients and the peanuts. Beat again until mixed.
- Transfer to shallow bowl for ease in handling. Spray a foil-lined sheet with Pam.
- Place dough by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls (not heaping) on sheet, placing the mounds 3 inches apart. Try to keep shapes neat.
- Top each with a few of the peanuts (if you like or with as many as you can fit on the top each cookie).
- Bake 1 sheet at a time. After 5 minutes, reverse sheet front to back.
- Cookies will rise, spread out, then flatten into very thin wafers with bumpy tops.
- They will spread out to 3 1/2 to- 4 1/2-inches in diameter.
- Cookies should bake until golden brown, then remove from oven.
- If cookies have run into each other, cut apart immediately while very hot.
- Cool on sheet for 1 or 2 minutes, then slide foil off sheet.
- Let cookies stand until firm enough to be removed.
- Will be easy to peel the foil away from backs.