Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy vegetarian recipe from a book called Simple Vegetarian Pleasures. My kids loved it too!
- 4 (32 inch) fat free tortillas
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- 591.47 ml grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 118.29 ml crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Using 2 baking sheets, place 2 tortillas side by side on each sheet. With a pastry brush, lightly brush each tortilla with some of the olive oil. Flip the tortillas over and brush again. Bake 8-10 minutes, flipping over the tortillas and alternating the placement of the baking sheets halway through the cooking time. Also, during the first few minutes, use a knife point to pop any air bubbles that might develop. The tortillas shouldbe golden and crisp when done. (The tortillas may be prepared to this point up to 3 days in advance. Cool completely, seal in a plastic bag, and refrigerate until ready to use.).
- Sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over the 4 tortillas. Place the tomatoes over the cheese.
- Combine the garlic, olive oil, and basil and drizzle the mixture over the tomatoes.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Alternate the placement of the baking sheets halfway during the cooking time. Remove the pizzas from the oven, then sprinkle bits of goat cheese all over their tops. Serve immediately.
Simple and so delicious! A wonderful blend of flavors. The tomato, garlic oil and goat cheese blend was just delightful. I used corn tortillas to make it gluten free. Thanks for sharing!
I really wish I could give this one 10 stars it was so good. I used fresh handmade whole wheat tortillas (from Trader Joes). I did need to turn the oven up to 375 to get the tortilla crisp. In addition to the mozerella and tomatoes, I added a few sliced black olives and artichoke hearts before drizzling the olive oil mixture over the lot. The goat cheese was the crowning glory to a fabulous flavor feast! I served with tabouli, but a mixed green salad would also go nicely to complete the meal.