1/1 Photo of Thin & Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is from Fine Cooking. These are so buttery, crisp and delicious! The key to the crispness is the ratio of more white sugar than brown, the proportion of butter to the rest of the ingredients, and the fact that the butter and egg are at room temperature (the butter is soft). Edited 5/22/06: I added tips in step 10 and 11 to help make sure they turn out thin and crispy. Another tip might be to warm the cookie sheet before adding the dough (I don't do this, though). Maybe the tips will help. As you can see in the picture, mine come out thin, and I think they're very buttery and crispy. Chocolate chip cookies were first served at the Tollhouse Inn in Massachusetts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 9.85 ml pure vanilla extract
- 709.77 ml unbleached all-purpose flour (13.5 oz)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 340.19 g semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like the Ghirardelli double chocolate chips)
- 1Heat oven to 375° and place racks in middle and top levels of the oven.
- 2Beat together the butter and sugars on high mixer speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- 3Scrape bowl and paddle beater.
- 4Add eggs and vanilla, and beat on low until incorporated.
- 5Then beat on high for about 1 minute until light and fluffy again.
- 6Scrape bowl and paddle again.
- 7In a separate medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- 8Add this to the butter mixture and beat on medium until just blended.
- 9Stir in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- 10Drop rounded teaspoons of dough 2-inches apart onto the greased cookie sheets. Tip - don't make these larger - larger amounts of dough won't flatten well.
- 11Bake until deep golden brown around the edges, and lightly golden in the center- about 8-10 minutes, rotating the sheets after about 4 minutes to get more even results. Tip - when you rotate the sheets after 4 minutes, check to see if the cookies have flattened well. If not, shake the pan gently to spread the dough and flatten a little more. Then, contine to bake until brown and crisp.
- 12Remove from the oven and let rest 3-5 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thin & Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 53.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 0.9 g