Thin and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Roast the pecans on a baking sheet until fragrant and toasted, about 10 minutes; place in a bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons of the butter to coat pecans, set aside.
- Increase oven heat to 375°.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
- Place remaining butter and the sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer; beat on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes; mix in corn syrup and milk until smooth; reduce speed to low; blend in flour mixture just to combine, add pecans and chocolate chips; mix with a rubber spatula.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon about 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets; bake in batches until the edges just begin to brown, about 12 minutes.
- Cool cookies on the sheets on a wire rack for 3 minutes then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.