Hey Jude's Note:
This is how I like my chocolate chip cookies. I found this in the Chicago Trib, originally from "Cookwise" by Shirley Corriher.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Heat oven to 350°.
- 2Roast the pecans on a baking sheet until fragrant and toasted, about 10 minutes; place in a bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons of the butter to coat pecans, set aside.
- 3Increase oven heat to 375°.
- 4Sift together flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
- 5Place remaining butter and the sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer; beat on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes; mix in corn syrup and milk until smooth; reduce speed to low; blend in flour mixture just to combine, add pecans and chocolate chips; mix with a rubber spatula.
- 6Drop by rounded tablespoon about 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets; bake in batches until the edges just begin to brown, about 12 minutes.
- 7Cool cookies on the sheets on a wire rack for 3 minutes then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thin and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (922 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 63.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 1.3 g