Recipe by MarlaM
This is a recipe from Giada De Laurentiis that sounds wonderful. Of course, I love artichokes and mushrooms! I think I will add some lemon pepper seasoned grilled chicken breasts to this but I would also love it just as it is written.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, trimmed, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 lb thimble pasta
- 1⁄2 lb frozen artichoke heart, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- Saute, stirring occasionally, until all the moisture has evaporated and the mushrooms have cooked down, about 10 minutes.
- Add the Marsala and continue cooking until almost all the wine has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in remaining salt.
- Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add it into the mushrooms, Marsala and onions.
- Add the artichoke hearts, Parmesan and cream and cook until the artichokes are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.