Prep 25 mins
Cook 14 mins
Cookies with jam in the center.
Make and share this Thimble Cookies (Christmas Cookies) recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour and sugar together; add vanilla, egg yolks and butter.
- Mix well; roll into a large ball.
- Save the egg whites in a small bowl.
- Crush the walnuts as fine as you can.
- Roll dough into small balls (about a heaping tablespoon full.
- Roll these small balls in the egg whites.
- Then roll them in the crushed walnuts.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Poke a hole in the middle about half way through with a thimble, or something around the same size.
- Place in the oven at 350°F for 7 minutes, then repoke the hole.
- Place back in the oven for 7 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Then fill in the hole with jam or jelly.
- Let cool.
These were a HUGE hit. I used both raspberry preserves and fresh raspberries and it really made the difference. Also, I used way more than one cup of walnuts so I could cover the entire outside of the cookie. Everyone was surprised at how moist they were. Also, they looked really fancy. They are my new crowd-pleaser! My Dad is already talking about Christmas Cookies and itâ€™s only February!