Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is also called Sonja Henie cookie..the famous skater.
Make and share this Thimble Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg yolks and beat well.
- Add in the flour and vanilla. Combine well for a nice soft dough.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy and dip each ball into whites and then roll into the finely chopped nuts.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Press each ball slightly, and form a thumb print in the centre.
- Bake for 5 minutes, remove and with a thimble remake the thumbprint, and place a dab of jam in centre.
- Put back into the oven for the last five minutes, or until golden.
What can I say but these are soo good. So worth making. Thanks for posting this recipe for us all to try.