1/2 Photos of Thimble Cookies
This recipe is also called Sonja Henie cookie..the famous skater.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- 2Add in the egg yolks and beat well.
- 3Add in the flour and vanilla. Combine well for a nice soft dough.
- 4Roll into walnut-sized balls.
- 5Beat the egg whites until foamy and dip each ball into whites and then roll into the finely chopped nuts.
- 6Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- 7Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 8Press each ball slightly, and form a thumb print in the centre.
- 9Bake for 5 minutes, remove and with a thimble remake the thumbprint, and place a dab of jam in centre.
- 10Put back into the oven for the last five minutes, or until golden.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thimble Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1660 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.3
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 62.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g