Recipe by Petite Mommy
Chicken thighs w/pear & banana mint salsa on the table in 30 minutes or less. A delightful way to save money by using a cheaper cut of meat and eat healthy! (Recipe from Chef Express: Family Meals cookbook)
Top Review by jennyblender
This was Ok. My main problem was that I had to cook it much longer than 3 minutes per side (at least double the suggested time). Also, the salsa was good but not great. The pear part was good but the bananna tasted a little wierd. I also added a squirt of hot chili sauce in addition to the sweet chili sauce which perked up the flavor a bit. Basically, this a healthy recipe that with a little modification could be quite good but I didn't love it as written. Sorry....
- 1 lb chicken thigh fillet (boneless)
- canola oil cooking spray
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pear, peeled and diced
- 1 banana, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound thigh fillets on both sides with a meat mallet to flatten. Sprink with salt (if using), pepper and oregano.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan and lightly spray with oil, place in the thigh steaks and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove to a heated plate and keep hot.
- Add diced pear, banana, lemon juice, mint and chili sauce to the pan. Scrape up pan juices and stir to heat fruit.
- Pile hot fruit salsa on top of thigh steaks. Serve immediately with mashed potates or rice.