1/1 Photo of Thick n' Hearty Spaghetti Sauce
4 hrs 20 mins
This is based on a very simple family recipe, with my own twist - one even my mother prefers! It's cooked down to be extra thick, and excellent for cold winters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot (I use cast iron), quickly and thoroughly brown the ground beef.
- 2Drain and add mushrooms, followed by garlic (I use at least a tablespoon in this step), parsley (a lot), oregano, sage, and basil.
- 3Add tomatoes, sauce, and paste; stir together.
- 4Cook on med-high for 5-10 minutes, then reduce heat to med-low.
- 5Allow to simmer covered about one hour, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add garlic, pepper, basil, oregano, sage, and parsley to taste (also sugar).
- 7Cook covered on med-low for 2 hours.
- 8Add more seasoning to taste.
- 9Cook covered on med-low for another 30 minutes-1 hour.
- 10At this point, the sauce should be thick, cooked down about halfway.
- 11Serve with your favorite pasta or on slices of bread with parmesan or cheddar.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick n' Hearty Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1467.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 28.1 g