Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
DIETERS BEWARE - READING THIS MAY CAUSE YOU TO GAIN 5 POUNDS AUTOMATICALLY! I found this recipe on the pillbury website and I've made it twice...LOVE IT! This is a chocoholics best friend. It's an ooey gooey chocolaty dessert that will make your eyes roll to the back of your head.
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) packagepillsbury thick and fudgy double chocolate deluxe brownie mix (with chocolate syrup packet)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup chocolate fudge frosting
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 or 9 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine brownie mix and baking powder, mix well.
- Add in the milk, butter, vanilla and the chocolate syrup from the packet in the brownie mix, mix well and spread this in the greased pan.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan and add the instant coffee granules, stir to dissolve.
- Add frosting, cook and stir over a low heat until melted and smooth.
- Slowly pour this over your batter in the pan.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40- 45 minutes until edges are bubbly and cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve this warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
This recipe is from the Pillsbury website.
I'm not a coffee drinker & have always disliked the taste of coffee! BUT, in spite of that, I decided to include the instant coffee in this recipe, & I gotta admit that it was OK! Alright, alright, IT WAS GREAT, or at least the total package was great! What a great way to squelch the chocoloholic craving, if only for a short time! Thanks for a really great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick-A-Chef]