Recipe by tree luee dee
As everyone knows by now, most of my recipes come from a "Taste of Home" recipe magazine. This is by far our favorite spaghetti sauce. It is so thick and meaty that sometimes my boys just pour it over a piece of garlic bread and eat it like that!
Top Review by Southern Transplant
Good spaghetti sauce--definitely thick and meaty! I made it exactly as the recipe directed. As a personal preference, I think I would leave out the marjoram next time. Thanks, tree luee dee!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Italian spices
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Stir in green pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until bubbly.
- Serve over spaghetti.