This dough is very easy to work with so if you're not a bread or pizza dough expert, this is a great recipe. It has a very nice consistency and tastes great too. Recipe from The Pillsbury Cookbook. I made it with Pizza Sauce and Pizza Deluxe. Cooking and prep time excludes time for dough to rise.
My Private Note
thick c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, salt, sugar, and yeast and blend well.
- 2In a small saucepan, heat water and oil until very warm (120 to 130) and add to flour mixture.
- 3Blend at low speed until moistened and beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- 4Stir in 1/2 to 3/4 cup of flour to form a stiff dough.
- 5On a floured surface, knead in 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup flour until dough is smooth and elastic (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- 6Place dough in greased bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap and a towel.
- 7Let rise in warm place (80 to 85 degrees) until light and doubled in size (30 to 40 minutes).
- 8Punch down several times to remove all air bubbles.
- 9Prepare as directed in Pizza Deluxe or for your favorite pizza recipe.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick Crust Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 233.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g