Recipe by dale!
This is a super tasty thick, rich crock pot soup. Packed full of healthy ingredients.
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons beef stock powder
- 2 cups water
- 2 (400 g) cans tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (600 g) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first 12 ingredients to the crock pot (except extra kidney beans).
- Stir well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Before serving stir in the chicken, rice, extra kidney beans and peas.
- Allow to heat through and serve.
- I keep cooked chicken in portions in the freezer (from recipe#36944) and also the rice (recipe#56242) making this very easy to prepare.
- This recipe is gluten free as long as you use gluten free stock powder (such as Massell brand).