1/4 Photos of Thick Coffee Banana Smoothie
There are a few little preparation quirks that distinguish a good smoothie from a great one - at least in my book. For one, I like to par-freeze the fruit I'm using - not rock solid, mind you - because it helps thicken the drink; room temperature fruit only thins it. Ditto for the liquid I use, in this case coffee - usually left over from the pot I've made that morning. As prepared here, this smoothie has a mild coffee flavor, but if you want a stronger coffee kick then go ahead and use some double strength brewed coffee that has been well chilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4-1 cup fresh brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (optional) or 1 -2 tablespoon honey, to taste (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups french vanilla yogurt (low-fat or nonfat is fine)
- 1 -2 tablespoon protein powder (or other nutritional powder) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup (optional)
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- 1Twenty to thirty minutes before you plan to mix your smoothie, put the coffee in a shallow pan and place it in the freezer, stirring once or twice after 15 minutes.
- 2It should become slushy-icy.
- 3Thinly slice the banana onto a plate and put that in the freezer as well, to chill.
- 4While you're waiting, chill the glasses you plan to use.
- 5When you're ready to proceed, combine the chilled coffee, banana, and sugar to taste in a blender.
- 6Blend just until smooth.
- 7Add the yogurt and any of the remaining ingredients you wish to use.
- 8Blend again, briefly, just until smooth. Taste, adding a little more sugar if needed. Transfer to the chilled glasses and serve.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick Coffee Banana Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.0
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 123.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 9.8 g