Recipe by guamswhitest
I noticed most chicken chili's have a very watery consistency, and I love my chili very thick and chunky, so I decided to concoct my own little recipe, instead. The tortilla and cheese makes it sooo much better. I like to add rice in it and cut out the tomato paste, as well.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium high heat and add chicken, onion, pepper, and garlic for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, chili powder, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 to 40 minutes.
- Place 1 tortilla into each of 8 bowls, and sprinkle cheese over tortilla.
- Spoon chicken chili over cheese and tortilla.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onion if you'd like.