Best made with ring noodles if you can find them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, heat 4 cups of the chicken broth to boiling.
- 2In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter, then stir in flour well to blend but do not brown.
- 3Add this mixture to the boiling broth and cook over medium heat until it thickens.
- 4In another pan, bring the remaining broth to a boil, add noodles and cook just until tender but not soft (package directions should give you an idea how long).
- 5Do not drain noodles; add chicken, noodles and liquid to the thickened broth, and season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- 6Serve immediately with crackers, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.3
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 716.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g