Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Best made with ring noodles if you can find them.
Make and share this Thick Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, heat 4 cups of the chicken broth to boiling.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter, then stir in flour well to blend but do not brown.
- Add this mixture to the boiling broth and cook over medium heat until it thickens.
- In another pan, bring the remaining broth to a boil, add noodles and cook just until tender but not soft (package directions should give you an idea how long).
- Do not drain noodles; add chicken, noodles and liquid to the thickened broth, and season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately with crackers, if desired.