Recipe by valgal123
This is so good i could eat it straight from the pan. Its easy and full of flavor and fiber.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Easily prepared, and really good! The lentils add their own flavour and texture, a slightly sweet nutty suggestion. Really liked this budget stretcher. I didnt stir the cheese into the sauce, as it tends to make the pots hard to clean, I chose to sprinkle the cheese onto the pasta, pour the sauce on top, and gently mix it. Some fresh basil finished the dish nicely. Thank you, Valgal, this good dish was made for Alphabet tag game.
- 1⁄2 cup dried red lentils
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (i used cheddar and monteray)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons seasoning (i used celery salt, parsley, onion pw)
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4-1 cup tomato sauce (or favorite pasta sauce)
- 1 garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the lentils in the water until tender. I do a taste test for the lentils to see if they are done. Drain the lentils if they are a little watery. Saute the onion with garlic in oil over medium hear until onion is tender.
- Add the seasoning, lentils, tomato sauce and cheese. Stir until cheese is melty and everything is well combined. Pour over or spoon over (depending how thick it is) pasta.