- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 -3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto or 2 -3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add flour and cook until foamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the warm milk, I usually warm it in the microwave oven, and whisk constantly.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and tomato pesto. Stir until cheese has melted.
- Add nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.