1/1 Photo of Thick and Tasty Chicken Tortilla / Enchilada Soup
Pretty much my favorite soup in the world. It has a thick broth rather than a thin, clear one. Yum! My family now has their own substitutions for the bullion and the cream of chicken soup (it still tastes as good with the substitutes) but this is the original recipe from my mom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed (white or dark)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons white flour
- 1Soup: Pour all ingredients except chicken, sour cream and flour into a pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Mix Flour and Water to make a pour-able paste.
- 3Add flour water mixture to soup while stirring constantly.
- 4Add more flour/water mix if it is not the consistency you desire.
- 5Stir until it thickens.
- 6Reduce heat.
- 7Add Chicken and Sour Cream.
- 8Mix Gently.
- 9Ladle into bowls and add garnish on top.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick and Tasty Chicken Tortilla / Enchilada Soup
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.9
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 1050.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 18.2 g