- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb Italian sausage, browned
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil until hot, but not smoking.
- Add the onion and green pepper.
- Cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and sausage, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.