Recipe by Mommy Diva
This is my spin on a quick, easy, healthy version of zucchini soup a friend of ours served at a party. This is a nice, thick soup -- much like a split pea in consistency. Mediterranean flavor.
Top Review by UmmBinat
4 1/2 stars. This is really good and a nice flavour but I did cut down on the spice somewhat and DH found it still a bit spicy for his taste. I used Recipe #257499 as it is basically the same spices and I already had it made. I replaced the vegetable broth with homemade chicken broth as I had it on hand, which worked fine. Made for ZWT6 NA*ME region, for my team, The Ya Ya Cookerhood.
- 6 -8 zucchini, sliced (small to medium size)
- 1 large onion, chopped (or 2 medium onions)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly saute zucchini, onions and garlic in a pan over medium heat.
- When half way done, add all spices and 1 can of broth and finish cooking until tender, but firm.
- Blend in blender, adding additional stock as needed, stopping when you have a thick, split pea consistency.