Recipe by MommyMakes
A nice white sauce, creamier than a plain alfredo.
Top Review by missallyssa
My whole family loved this and I only used the cream, butter, cream cheese and parmesan. I planned on adding spices as needed, but ended up loving it without. Had it with cut up chicken, broccoli and pasta. YUM!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in sauce pan and stir in heavy cream.
- Cut cream cheese into chunks and stir into cream.
- Add parmesan cheese and spices and stir until thoroughly melted.
- Do not boil sauce, continue stirring on medium or low until smooth.
- Remove from heat and toss with noodles.