1/2 Photos of Thick and Creamy Vegetable Soup
Psalm AKA Typo Qween's Note:
This is another recipe from the Anne of Green Gables cookbook. Delicious vegetable soup is perfect on a cold day! Please note all times are approx. If you find they need adjusting please let me know
My Private Note
8 ounce ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 yellow onions, small
- 2 stalks celery, large peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 carrots, medium
- 1 large potatoes or 2 small potatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup canned tomatoes or 3 small fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth (or 2 chicken cubes plus 2 cups boiling water)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1Chop onion and celery into tiny pieces.
- 2Put butter in large saucepan. Add onion and celery. Cook over low heat until they are soft-about 5-7 minutes.
- 3Chop carrots and potatoes into small pieces. Add peas and set aside.
- 4Open canned tomatoes and place in large mixing bowl and add salt, pepper, basil, and parsley. Mash tomatoes and seasonings with wooden spoon.
- 5After onions and celery are soft add chicken broth to the saucepan then add carrots, potatoes, peas, and tomatoes and mix with wooden spoon.
- 6Bring soup to boil and then turn to medium. Boil gently to cook vegetables-about 15 minutes.
- 7Pour soup in large mixing bowl, and then ladle half of it into blender and blend on low till very smooth. Pour back into saucepan and then blend back into saucepan. Stir in the milk.
- 8Heat over medium BUT DON"T LET IT BOIL. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle the green onions on top.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick and Creamy Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 820.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 7.9 g