Recipe by trishypie
This rich and creamy stroganoff is very filling and makes for very easy cleanup because it's done all in one pot! The ultimate mealtime comfort food!
Top Review by sloe cooker
Original review 10-27-06 cooked this for dinner tonight and it was soooooooo good. wasnt sure what hp steak sauce was so i used stated amount of hinez 57 steak sauce. wonderful filling meal i will enjoy again and again. trishypie, thanks so much for posting this marvelous dish. Update 3-15-11: Started this at 7:30 AM this morning to take to a work meeting, that was a potluck affair. I had this ready to go in about 35 minutes. I did cut back on the mayonaise this time. Bring salted water to boil, add pasta, take off heat and cover, let sit 15 minutes and drain. Works like a charm. Thanks again
Just noticed that the stars I gave this recipe did not show. So I am giving this recipe all stars!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon HP steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry ground beef and onion in a large pot until beef is no longer pink. Drain off any residual oils.
- Add all other ingredients to pot, stir well and simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over your choice of egg noodles, rice or pasta. Enjoy!