Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This rich and creamy stroganoff is very filling and makes for very easy cleanup because it's done all in one pot! The ultimate mealtime comfort food!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon HP steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Fry ground beef and onion in a large pot until beef is no longer pink. Drain off any residual oils.
- Add all other ingredients to pot, stir well and simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over your choice of egg noodles, rice or pasta. Enjoy!
Original review 10-27-06 cooked this for dinner tonight and it was soooooooo good. wasnt sure what hp steak sauce was so i used stated amount of hinez 57 steak sauce. wonderful filling meal i will enjoy again and again. trishypie, thanks so much for posting this marvelous dish. Update 3-15-11: Started this at 7:30 AM this morning to take to a work meeting, that was a potluck affair. I had this ready to go in about 35 minutes. I did cut back on the mayonaise this time. Bring salted water to boil, add pasta, take off heat and cover, let sit 15 minutes and drain. Works like a charm. Thanks again
Just noticed that the stars I gave this recipe did not show. So I am giving this recipe all stars!
This came out great, and my whole family enjoyed it (including kids). I used A1 steak sauce, added a little seasoned pepper, left out the mushrooms, otherwise followed as written. Very thick stroganoff, which I really liked, my hubby wanted it a little thinner so I just added a little more milk. I may use less mayo next time to make it thinner to begin with. Definitely a keeper!
This recipe is great! I have discarded my old recipe for ground beef stroganoff and from now on - this is the one!! It is easy to make and very tasty. I did divide it in half as there are only two of us, it was easy to divide in half too. Thanks, trishypie.