This is the BEST chowder I've ever had. I've had chowder at Legal Seafoods in Boston, which I have to say is good, but mine is BETTER! If you like thick chowder, you'll love this one!!
- Add bacon to sauce pan and cook on medium low heat until crispy.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add clam juice from both cans.
- Add potatoes.
- Cook and cover until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally so potatoes won't stick.
- Add clams, soup, cream, milk, and dill weed.
- Stir together.
- Add butter and let melt into the chowder.
- Cook for about 30-45 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir occasionally.