1/14 Photos of Thick and Creamy New England Clam Chowder
1 hr 15 mins
This is the BEST chowder I've ever had. I've had chowder at Legal Seafoods in Boston, which I have to say is good, but mine is BETTER! If you like thick chowder, you'll love this one!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add bacon to sauce pan and cook on medium low heat until crispy.
- 2Add onion and cook until translucent.
- 3Add clam juice from both cans.
- 4Add potatoes.
- 5Cook and cover until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- 6Stir occasionally so potatoes won't stick.
- 7Add clams, soup, cream, milk, and dill weed.
- 8Stir together.
- 9Add butter and let melt into the chowder.
- 10Cook for about 30-45 minutes or until thickened.
- 11Stir occasionally.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick and Creamy New England Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.5
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 144.5 mg
- Sodium 1414.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 24.3 g