Recipe by Robyn's Cookin'
This is SO GOOD and tastes completely sinful, but it's not! Very low fat, but so thick and creamy thanks to the evaporated milk (thick like cream, but fat free) and instant potatoes. I usually make this in my crockpot, but it can be done on the stove top as well (simmer for about an hour).
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed with skins on
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (13 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 4 ounces instant mashed potatoes
- chopped green onion, shredded cheddar cheese, and bacon pieces for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the veggies, water, bouillon, cream soups, parsley, and margarine into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- During the last hour, stir in the evaporated milk and the instant potatoes.
- To serve, garnish each bowl with the green onion, cheese, and bacon, if desired.