Recipe by tigershoes
This is the most amazing corn chowder. It is so thick and chalked full of flavor. I promise you ill love this.
Top Review by mandabacca
This is the first corn chowder recipe I've found that truly is thick and creamy! My main complaint was that it didn't have a very strong corn flavor... but the addition of some fresh grilled corn would fix that I'm sure! I'll be trying it again with a few changes.
- 2 cups potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot, combine potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, and salt. Barely cover veggies with a small amount of water, and bring to a boil. Cook until tender (about 15 minutes), Once finished cooking most of the water should have evaporated leaving only a small amount of liquid. Do not drain.
- When tender mash or beat with a mixer into a thick paste.
- Make a white sauce from butter, four, milk and cheese. Heat until thick then add white sauce to mashed vegetables. Add creamed corn and stir into soup mixture.