1 hr 20 mins
This is my husbands' favorite chili, it's thick, creamy and delicious.It's also very quick and easy to make. Origianlly his mother's recipe, I have adapted it and made it even better (at least that's what my husband says!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 lb stewing beef (cut up in small chunks)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (remove some juice)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (28 ounce) can kidney beans (or two cans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mushrooms (or use 6-10 fresh mushrooms)
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (or more)
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder, onion salt, tobasco sauce and liquid smoke (optional)
- 1Combine meat and onion in a large pan and cook until meat is browned, drain juices.
- 2Stir in 1 flour,.
- 3Add tomatoes, soup, mushrooms and kidney beans.
- 4Add seasonings, stir.
- 5Bring to boil, then simmer on low for 1 hour stirrng occasionally.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick and Creamy Chili
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.4
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 1083.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 45.6 g