Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my husbands' favorite chili, it's thick, creamy and delicious.It's also very quick and easy to make. Origianlly his mother's recipe, I have adapted it and made it even better (at least that's what my husband says!)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 lb stewing beef (cut up in small chunks)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (remove some juice)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (28 ounce) can kidney beans (or two cans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mushrooms (or use 6-10 fresh mushrooms)
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (or more)
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder, onion salt, tobasco sauce and liquid smoke (optional)
- Combine meat and onion in a large pan and cook until meat is browned, drain juices.
- Stir in 1 flour,.
- Add tomatoes, soup, mushrooms and kidney beans.
- Add seasonings, stir.
- Bring to boil, then simmer on low for 1 hour stirrng occasionally.
Made this chili tonight. Was amazing and easy to make. I added Jalepenos and it turned out great.