Recipe by luvmybge
Where I live there is a restaurant chain called the Italian Bistro and I think they have the BEST Caesar salad dressing. I've been trying to duplicate it for quite a while. It is loaded with garlic and Parmesan cheese. It's very thick which is why it appeals to me. This recipe is very similar to the one I enjoy at the Bistro. In fact.. by George... I THINK I'VE GOT IT!! I hope you
Top Review by Sackville
This is a dressing for garlic lovers, and definitely better than most store-bought brands. I used dairy and egg-free mayonnaise and cut the oil to 1/4 cup. It was so creamy and runny by that point, I didn't see the need to add another 1/4 cup. By the way, this made way more than I needed to cover one head of romaine lettuce. Next time, I think I'll halve it.
- 2 ounces anchovy fillet (1 small can or about 12 fillets)
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all except oil and mayonnaise in food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- While processor is running add oil VERY SLOWLY and process until thick and creamy (about 4-5 minutes).
- Pour into bowl and add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and blend thoroughly with a fork.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste (sometimes I like to add a couple more tablespoons of Parmesan cheese).
- Cover and chill until ready to use.