Recipe by Netter6
An easy and delicious variation on chili that won't make your clothes and hair smell like what you're cooking.
- 2 small onions, diced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 large green sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 14 ounces Mexican-style tomatoes
- 15 ounces pinto beans
- 15 ounces black beans
- 15 ounces red kidney beans
- 1 -2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375º. Use convection if you have it.
- Place vegetables and seasonings into soup pot or dutch oven.
- Mix ingredients together to coat meat and vegetables with seasonings.
- Place pot into preheated oven and cook for 15 - 20 minutes to brown meat and soften vegetables.
- Once the meat has been browned, add the tomatoes, tomato paste, 3 cans of beans and water. Stir to combine. Use more or less water to suit your preference.
- Return pot to oven and continue cooking for about an hour, stirring now and then if you like.