Recipe by JFitz
This recipe is a combination of some of my favorite recipes from Food.com. My family really likes their chowder thick and with alot of clams. I came up with this and they love it!
- 1 (51 ounce) canof diced clams
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons hormel real bacon bits
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of potato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of celery soup
- 1 (28 ounce) canof chopped potatoes
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups of mashed potato flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Add onion, celery, Bacon bits and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add clams with juice, Soups, clam juice, potatoes, bay leaf and whipping cream. Stir and cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Season with pepper (salt if needed but the clams and juice make it salty).
- Whisk in potato flakes and keep stirring so it doesn't get lumpy. Cook on low for 15 minutes or until warm.
- Serve with a nice crusty bread and Salad! Enjoy!