1/1 Photo of Thick and Chunky New England Clam Chowder
This recipe is a combination of some of my favorite recipes from Food.com. My family really likes their chowder thick and with alot of clams. I came up with this and they love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (51 ounce) can of diced clams
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons hormel real bacon bits
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of potato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of celery soup
- 1 (28 ounce) can of chopped potatoes
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups of mashed potato flakes
- 1Melt butter in large pot.
- 2Add onion, celery, Bacon bits and garlic. Cook until soft.
- 3Add clams with juice, Soups, clam juice, potatoes, bay leaf and whipping cream. Stir and cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- 4Season with pepper (salt if needed but the clams and juice make it salty).
- 5Whisk in potato flakes and keep stirring so it doesn't get lumpy. Cook on low for 15 minutes or until warm.
- 6Serve with a nice crusty bread and Salad! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick and Chunky New England Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.0
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 151.7 mg
- Sodium 1488.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hormel real bacon bits