Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I make this during football season (I double the recipe, but I have a 7-qt crock pot). I prefer my chili with cut up stew meat rather than ground beef. I partially freeze the meat for easier cutting. Don't freak about the crushed corn chips....they just kinda "disappear" and serve as a thickening agent.
- 680.38 g beef stew meat, cut into 3/4 "- 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml chopped green bell pepper
- 118.29 ml finely crushed corn tortilla chips, such as Tostitos, measure AFTER crushing
- 3 (1275.72 g) can kidney beans, drained
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 2.46-7.39 ml chili powder
- 4.92-9.85 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46-4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml sugar
- Place all in the crock pot in the order listed.
- Gently stir everything together.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for about 4 -5 hours.
- When done, mix again very well.
- Serve topped with sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, etc.
This is my new staple for chili recipe! I tried it over others simply for the name because I was making it for my guy's friends coming over to watch football. I'll admit that I added a diced jalepeno and a little extra chili powder for a good kick. The result was the best chili I've ever had and the guys ate every last bit. I'll definetly make this again, but double the recipe!!
Top-notch recipe! Love the chunky meat - I double the recipe for my large family, and use 1-1/2 lbs beef, 1-1/2 lbs pork. I also add a couple chopped up hot (habanero) peppers. Tried both with and without cinnamon - I found if I use half the cinnamon the recipe calls for, it comes out just right. I also increase the tostito content by about 50% to get more of a corn flavor. Though I continue to tweak and experiment, the recipe as it stands is FANTASTIC!
Pretty darn good. I use Turkey meat and don't use the cinnamon (tried it once with the cinnamon and eveyone hated it) but without its a clear winner.