1/1 Photo of Thick and Chunky Crock Pot Game Day Chili
8 hrs 15 mins
I make this during football season (I double the recipe, but I have a 7-qt crock pot). I prefer my chili with cut up stew meat rather than ground beef. I partially freeze the meat for easier cutting. Don't freak about the crushed corn chips....they just kinda "disappear" and serve as a thickening agent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 3/4 "- 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely crushed corn tortilla chips, such as Tostitos, measure AFTER crushing
- 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2-1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1Place all in the crock pot in the order listed.
- 2Gently stir everything together.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for about 4 -5 hours.
- 4When done, mix again very well.
- 5Serve topped with sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, etc.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick and Chunky Crock Pot Game Day Chili
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 1132.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 37.6 g