1/1 Photo of Thick and Chunky Crock Pot Game Day Chili
8 hrs 15 mins
I make this during football season (I double the recipe, but I have a 7-qt crock pot). I prefer my chili with cut up stew meat rather than ground beef. I partially freeze the meat for easier cutting. Don't freak about the crushed corn chips....they just kinda "disappear" and serve as a thickening agent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 3/4 "- 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely crushed corn tortilla chips, such as Tostitos, measure AFTER crushing
- 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2-1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1Place all in the crock pot in the order listed.
- 2Gently stir everything together.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for about 4 -5 hours.
- 4When done, mix again very well.
- 5Serve topped with sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, etc.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick and Chunky Crock Pot Game Day Chili
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 1132.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 37.6 g