1/4 Photos of Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is my husband's favorite cookie...it is from Cook's Illustrated..
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups tbsps all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to warm
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 -1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Adjust oven racks to upper and lower middle positions.
- 2Heat oven to 325*.Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in medium bowl, set aside.
- 4Either by hand or electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until combined.
- 5Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined.
- 6Stir in chips to taste.
- 7Roll scant 1/4 cup of dough into ball.Holding dough ball in fingertips of both hands, pull into 2 equal halves. rotate 90* and with jagged edges facing up, join halves together at their base, again forming a single ball being careful not to smooth dough's uneven surface.
- 8Place formed dough onto cookie sheet, leaving 2 1/2" between each ball.
- 9Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy -- 15-18 minutes.
- 10Cool cookies on sheets . When cooled, peel cookies from parchment -- .
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (968 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.3
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 39.8 mg
- Sodium 172.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g