This is my husband's favorite cookie...it is from Cook's Illustrated..
Make and share this Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups tbsps all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to warm
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Adjust oven racks to upper and lower middle positions.
- Heat oven to 325*.Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in medium bowl, set aside.
- Either by hand or electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined.
- Stir in chips to taste.
- Roll scant 1/4 cup of dough into ball.Holding dough ball in fingertips of both hands, pull into 2 equal halves. rotate 90* and with jagged edges facing up, join halves together at their base, again forming a single ball being careful not to smooth dough's uneven surface.
- Place formed dough onto cookie sheet, leaving 2 1/2" between each ball.
- Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy -- 15-18 minutes.
- Cool cookies on sheets . When cooled, peel cookies from parchment -- .