Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my husband's favorite cookie...it is from Cook's Illustrated..
Make and share this Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups tbsps all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to warm
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Adjust oven racks to upper and lower middle positions.
- Heat oven to 325*.Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in medium bowl, set aside.
- Either by hand or electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined.
- Stir in chips to taste.
- Roll scant 1/4 cup of dough into ball.Holding dough ball in fingertips of both hands, pull into 2 equal halves. rotate 90* and with jagged edges facing up, join halves together at their base, again forming a single ball being careful not to smooth dough's uneven surface.
- Place formed dough onto cookie sheet, leaving 2 1/2" between each ball.
- Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy -- 15-18 minutes.
- Cool cookies on sheets . When cooled, peel cookies from parchment -- .
I make this for every guest at our B&B. They always love them and usually ask for the recipe. I make sure to cream the butter and sugars until they turn light in color. Sometimes the batter is thicker, probably due to less humidity or cool weather. If it seems to gooey (before I add the chocolate chips), I add a lit more flour.
I love these, and had it posted until recently discovered as a duplicate. It looks like the flour differs from the original, as well as the egg. The original recipe is 2 cups 2 Tbps flour, and it has 1 large whole egg, and 1 large egg yolk. Great cookies!
This is MY favorite recipe for CCC. Everyone in the family seems to like different one's best, but this is perfect for me. I use ghiradelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips- they are the best for baking! I also chill the dough sometimes even overnight if I can because I think the bake perfectly like that. The dough is obviously firm from being cold, but I don't find the fresh dough stiff like many reviewers.